Friday, October 31, 2008

{BaBy FoOd & BaRe BoTtOmS}

Yesterday I made some homemade baby food...now I've done this with fruit but yesterday I got ambitious and used Turkey, apples and green beans. I made some green bean puree It's super easy. I just steamed the green beans for about 10 minutes, then I put them in a cold water bath for a few minutes to cool them down. Then I put them in my {AwEsOmE} Magic Bullet with just a little water and about 2 minutes later I had some green slime for my little worm! :)

I had some left over green beans so I added in some canned turkey chunks that I had cooked into the bullet, again with some water. It looked absolutely {DiSgUsTiNg} when it was done, but so does all baby food that involves meat in my opinion!


I also made some Turkey with apples...now that was even yuckier looking than the beans and Turkey...but hey who am I to judge? It took me all of about 15 minutes to make A LOT of baby food for Wrigley...and the best part is that this is WAY cheaper than buying the stupid stuff at the store. But those containers that the Gerber Baby food comes in is very handy to put the homemade baby food in (just a little side note!)














The moment of truth came last night when I fed Wrig's some of the Turkey and apples and this is what happened!

{I HaTe It}

{I lOvE iT}

{NoPe..It'S yUcKy!}



Last we have a few pictures after the clean up bath of a very cute little bottom. Poor Wrigley has a very bad case of diaper rash...he's had more poopy diapers in the last 3 days than he has in about 2 weeks! So that has taken a bit of a toll on his {SwEeT LiTtLe HiNd PaRtS} so we've been doing our best to heal his little bum. Which last night meant that he got to crawl around naked for a while. I was also told that the milk of magnesia...or whatever that stuff is called is really good to put on their bottoms. Yesterday I kept calling it "Milk of Malaysia" Steve just laughed and shook his head at me.


{CuTe LiTtLe NaKeD bOy}




You can see those little red raw spots on his bum. It looks so much better than it did on wed, when he looke like he layed out bare bottom in the blazing hot sun!

{PoOr BoTtOm}









4 people who care:

The Brown Family said...

Carrie it's Tresa from dyslexia tutoring...try giving him an oatmeal bath. You can buy the packets at the store. They really work wonders.

Rachel and Dan Schmalz said...

hey Car look at this blog
http://jeanettesoffe.blogspot.com/
then go to the post "my boutique" we should TOTALLY do something like that!! So cute! Then look in the Family and Friend side bar...you will see someone you know. Andrea used to get babysat by this girl's family. Small world...

audreywaldron said...

I would have to agree with you on Wrig's looking like your dad... and that's a good thing!!! Poor Wrig's and his bum, if you haven't tried this already, this really helps by giving them a bath in Epson Salt. I had to do that Sophie for a couple of days when she had a really bad rash. Good luck!!!

shanda said...

cute guys. I can't belive that you have time to make baby food. You rock the house