Monday, February 9, 2009

No more baths!

I don't know what the little man's deal is but all of the sudden he HATES his baths. We went away to our friends cabin over the weekend and while we were there he developed some sort of fear of baths. Friday night I took him in the hot tub with me with some of the other kids that were there. We got out and we took a shower-bath together and things went smoothly. Saturday same story, but when Steve went to give him his bath he went completely POSTAL, he was screaming and would not let go of Steve's shirt. Then Sunday again same thing, had fun in the hot tub, but as soon as the bath water started running he freaked! Well I thought that it was just a strange tub phobia or something, but tonight I tried to give him a bath and he would not let go. He had a serious death grip on my shirt, and his body went totally rigid when I tried to lower him into the water. I was at a complete loss, so I tried to sooth him for a little while and then I tried again and yet again he freaked out. We're talking blood curdling screaming, legs kicking, death grip...the whole deal. So I called it quits. But I'm at a total loss because up to this point the little dude has absolutely LOVED his bath time. I hope it's just a phase and that we'll be back to flooding the bathroom with splashes in no time!

Suggestions anyone?

2 people who care:

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

Maybe let him see you fill the tub up. One of my friends said that helped her baby...who knows?

Shawna Wilson said...

Taryn had a week where she went through that...it started on a Sunday at my parents house when we were going to give her a bath. She totally freaked and would NOT let go of me, so we gave up...then the next night at home the same thing happened. I had to finally get in there with her to calm her down. It was a weird little phase, but the next bath time she was fine. Kids are crazy!