Thursday, June 18, 2009

Look What I Did!

Today I caught a bug, the craft bug! I love it when that happens and the creative juices just start to flow. Once I get Wrigley down for a nap, I get down to the fun stuff! I took some plain boring storage boxes, and added some fun to them. Wrigleys books and toys just over run the family room, so now not only do the boxes serve a purpose but they also look good doing it!












I started with some print outs, and some heat n' bond, and I traced the pattern to the heat n' bond and my first step is done! **Remember to trace them backwards!















Then I cut them out and ironed them onto the color fabric that I wanted. Super easy!


















Then all you have to do is iron them onto your project...but don't pull a "Carrie" and put the iron directly onto the box...I melted the fabric and ruined one of them! OOPS! :)















The finished project looks great! I'm excited about how it turned out...and even Wrigley noticed it today, and pointed to it and was talking to me about it!

2 people who care:

Jen Long said...

This is sooo cute! What a great idea! I need to catch that bug of yours!

Rachel and Dan Schmalz said...

I agree...I need to get workin' on some crafts. When do I have time? NEVER!! We need to get to doing a craft together.