Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A week in Breckenridge!






We were lucky enough to get to spend the 4th of July in Breckenridge with Steve's whole family, it was especially great because Emily, Adrian, and sweet little Serena were able to be there also. We got to spend the week fishing...(or trying to anyway. Jesse and Dan had a rough go of it. It seemed that every time they left the house it started to thunder and lightning and just unload on them. But they did eventually get a few bites!), hiking, biking, golfing and white water rafting! It

was so much FUN!!!!




Us girls are modeling the disgusting wet suits that we had to wear. The place that we went was up over the Continental Divide and the water was FREEZING cold because it was snow run off. But it was still great!




I was actually the first to get launched out of the boat, Kris, Jesse and Dan were close to follow suit. However the poor boys got pretty banged up! They both crashed into rocks and limped around for the rest of the week.




Gruff lovingly dubbed me "text book" for my amazing swim back to the raft! The head guide even said that he had never seen anyone do it so well. I told him that I was just trying to get back to the boat and not get SLAMMED into any rocks!






Steve and I took a bike ride from Aspen all the way back down to Frisco, it was like 25 miles....all down hill but still. It was so beautiful that it took longer than it needed to because we kept

stopping to take pictures.




We found this little place right on the bank of the river that people had made rock animals out of. Most of the time we couldn't really tell what they were supposed to be but it was still really cute. There was a heart made out of rocks so I made my sweet heart sit by it so I could get a picture of it!






Any guesses!?





We think that is a lizard....maybe!






OH HOW CUTE!

I LOVE YOU STEVE!!




We went on this great little hike to an old caved in mine. We stopped at this pretty stream to take some pictures and be dinner for a few 100 mosquito's..I mean literally! I have about 15 bites just from this hike!
Pretty neat huh!
The View is just amazing! That is Lake Dillon in Frisco in the background. I wish I could live there all summer long! I just love it in the mountains!
Last picture I promise!
We decided that since all the grandkids were together we would try to get some pictures taken of them in matching little outfits! It was so much fun to go shopping for them all!
I think that this is one of the cutest pictures of all three of them...well it is one where they are all looking in somewhat the same direction anyway!
Serena is sitting behind the boys and Wrigley and Ethan are cuddling up telling secrets!

1 people who care:

Carrie said...

Fun. Fun Fun. Now I see why you couldn't be to our playdate.